Monday, June 19, 2006

Two things I never stop looking for..

I just realized...there are two things that I never stop looking for...

1. Better apartment
2. Better Job

I guess a lot of people do this. I don't know why. I have a good job...ofcourse I like what I do - traveling 2-3 weeks every month, actual field work, meeting everyone from Yankees to southern rednecks... But, in the last 3 yrs, there has never been a time when I have stopped looking for jobs.. I just keep interviewing and either they reject me or I reject them..Its sometimes fun.. when interviewing for big companies, they provide you with all possible amenities... like last week, I was being interviewed for a position in Iowa and got to meet a friend in Des Moines after almost 10 yrs.... it was almost like a paid vacation for 2 days... sometimes, every things works out as expected, stars align and switch jobs...just once in the last couple of years...

Better apartment.. although I have 6 month to an year lease at most places, I try to keep looking for apartments, especially the blueprints.. I keep looking at the layout of the apartment and thinking I need to build a home (someday...) or how to improve the existing home in chennai....

I think I jinxed myself by posting this...the ceiling in my apartment is leaking again..for the third time in one month... so, guess I have to move now.. :(

8 comments:

Zeppelin said...

ahem..couldnt help this one.. but do you watch "Home Improvement" ?? :D

Taruna said...

Oh, common...

No, I dont!! Is it any good and are you a regular?

Zeppelin said...

used to be a regular..nowadays no TV at all.. :) working towards the greater good in life ..ahem..;)

Taruna said...

Big words..... greater good in life...which is....??

Zeppelin said...

getting more sleep and listening to lotttttsaaaaaaaaaa music.. :)

Aravindan said...

hey similar dilemma..i want to turn the look of my house a bit....maybe some time later..but thaathaa kattni veedu....sentimentally attached that its hard to try and remodel the house....

Taruna said...

@ Zepp
Good going...

Taruna said...

@Ara
Understanding you....

But our house.. probably around 25 yrs old.. thatha kattalai.. adanala it shldnt be too difficult...