Wednesday, June 28, 2006

How girls beat the crap out of a boy...

Comments to the last post reminded me of this incident.

This happened probably when I was in 4th or 5th class in school. In a class strength of about 30, there were 3 boys. 27 girls Vs 3 boys. While one boy was the guy who pushed me from the swing...he was kinda cute and so the girls didn't have any trouble with him..... the other was a very calm and quiet guy, the studious one ..... but the third one, Praveen, was such a menace, never used to study, made fun of some of the girls, troubled all teachers, what not..... It was one of those Robin hood sort of period. We needed a Robin to save some of our class girls from this boy. Ofcourse with the interference of the teachers things would have been easier... but a bunch of us - girls wanted to do it ourselves...and so, one thursday after the last class (that was Yoga...., we had compulsory yoga as a part of the curriculum until Class VI..), we waited in the cycle stand for most people to leave and since Praveen was the last to leave the school usually (after chatting with the watchman or making fun of every possible girl), we removed the air from the tires of his cycle in front of his eyes... which led to him chasing after us, we went behind the auditorium and beat up the crap out of him...... no, not too severly, he did defend himself well, now that I think about it..just some cuts and bruises...

The next day, we could not stop smiling... we never thought of the aftermath of such an attack, complaints, teacher, etc.. we just did it... Praveen didn't come to school on Friday or Saturday.. and Monday when he came, he never even looked at the girls....he started sitting in the first row so that we wouldn't tormet teasing him about getting beaten up by a bunch of girls.. :-).. and surprisingly started to study well, not well enough to compete with the girls but good enough to get thro' school and college and get a good job..... and never troubled the girls again...

Now, I am not saying we reformed a boy.. just that sometimes beating the crap out of a boy helps in more than one way... :-)

8 comments:

Aravindan said...

hello miss adakamaana ponne!!

Taruna said...

@Ara
I was a kid.. and it was a bunch of girls and I definitely did not lead them then... so, I still maintain 'adakkam' standard..:-)

dinesh said...

4 th std la "just some cuts and bruises" a ? Ayyo..Naan varale indha velayaattukku :)

Taruna said...

@Dinesh

Oh, common.. I dont remember all the vivid details.. when Zep commented that I should have kicked the boy who pushed me from the swing.. I just remembered this..

I am sure that he wasnt injured... this guy ended up acting in movies like Indra, in not-so-important a role.. but the point of the post was not the cuts and bruises...

And, more importantly, I am not so bad... it was all for fun...

dinesh said...

Taruna,

I realize it was only for fun. And how bad can you beat him up even if you wanted to ? :) I was only kidding.

Taruna said...

@Dinesh

Oh, in that case.. you really dont know WOMEN!!

Just kidding...

dinesh said...

Maybe you can beat him up. But when 10 girls beat one guy up, imagine a drop of blood on his forhead..isn't that enough to freak the girls out ? :). I know it would have freaked me out when I was in the 4 th std. If it didn't freak you out, maybe I just don't know you :)

PS: All in fun.

Taruna said...

@Dinesh

Who said anything about blood and girls freaking? Maybe you are right...

Concur, all in fun!!