Tuesday, August 01, 2006

First bad hair cut for $30....

Of these 20+ years of existence, this is the first time that I have had such a bad hair cut. Well, not so much a cut.. just a trim and styling.

After a hair trim every 3-6 months, I feel happy and pretty.. (almost like the tune of I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty...). The last time I had a trim was in February. I went to this sophisticated spa place in the city along with my colleague's wife (I asked her for a good hair trim place and since she went to this spa twice a month for whatever reason, she offered to take me with her when she went there).It cost me a freaking $170 for just one trim - an inch of hair was probably cut and styled. I couldn't believe it and so this time, I decided to ponder around and find a new affordable place around. I did find one nearby and fixed an appointment. I went in and started talking to the lady and everything went well until she started to actually cut my hair. I realized that from the way she held her scissor to the way she combed my hair, everything was,well, not right. But I couldn't stop her. So, I let her show her talent and at the end realized that my hair was a massacre - my head was clearly like a war zone. I got a layered cut. But its now just not layered, but there exist micro and macro layers in between the actual layers.

It was almost like the 'Friends' episode when Phoebe gives Monica a bad cut not thinking about Demi Moore. Apart from my hair being indescribable, I am unable to stop from fidgeting with it, trying to neaten it all the time at work. The layered cut atleast let me put my hair into a heap with a clip. But with macro and micro layers in between now, nothing heaps up or fits in just one clip.

To make matters worse, at the client's office today, a new European guy with hip-long straight blond hair has moved into my room. :-(

8 comments:

Prabhu said...

170$ for a hair trim????????????????
that is so damn expensiveeeeeeeeeeeeee........

The thing about haircuts is - it keeps reminding you that u had a bad haircut for months together, when u can rectify it..
adhu thaan kadi!!

Taruna said...

@Prabhu
Yes.. it was one of those places where once you enter, the lady asks "Would u like tea, coffee or softdrink MAM..".. discusses with you the hair texture, the sytle, length, color, if it folds towards the face or not..you get to see your face with different hair styles.... a lot of pampering and they will actually make you feel it was worth the money...

I am no spa expert ... that was my first and only experience.. so, was worth the $170 to some extent..!

Harini said...

Haircuts seem to be really costly there ..I remember someone else also writing a blog on that !

But I guess ... these ppl r thought more as professionals .. and just like other serivices even these guys get paid well !!

Aravindan said...

ethukku intha peter elaam..PERUMAL has given long hair to girls becoz it fits them so well..

neenga thiruntha maateenga :(

{then why talk abt typical brahmin girl n stuff??}

Zeppelin said...

After a hair trim every 3-6 months, I feel happy and pretty AKSHADHAI.. :P

Taruna said...

@Harini
Right.. very true.. for cheaper rates, bad hair cuts... I guess..

@Aravindan
Long hair kudutha 'Perumal' also gave split ends, dry ends and other allied things. So, hair trim is inevitable. :-)
You wouldnt understand the perils of a medium-haired Brahmin girl..

@Zep
:-)).. so one has to say that I am pretty illa.. better if I start and others follow suit... wishful thinking...:-)

Zeppelin said...

right.. :)

Taruna said...

@Magesh
right... the worst part of a bad hair cut is the everyday routine after that.... mudi valakka innum thevai varala!! :-))