Sunday, July 30, 2006

Airline Bewilderment..

After a number of flights - long and short hauls.. I still wonder.. what makes the air hostess decide if to offer a cup of soda or the entire can?

I tried to come up with a base over which this decision is taken....like what happens in the air hostess mind when she comes near where you are seated... "how much is he in need of a drink, was he courteous enough when I wished him as he boarded the plane, is he going to say thanks after I offer him a whole can or is he going to sufficiently happy with a cup", etc....

I still dont understand.. any thoughts?

6 comments:

Zeppelin said...

hmm.. i tried a few tricks myself to get the whole can.. smiled when i entered, made small talk..even tried to do a e a little flirty, despite not knowing the rules of the game.. but only a cup..:(

Aravindan said...

good one..i hv been thinking abt it everytime i travelled in the last three months..tough Q. no answers yet! sometimes i feel sorry for them..its tough saying hi to every passenger with that affected smile..like i wished i cud tell them, "ma'am..now pls theres no need to greet me..just for the sake of it"!!!!!

Taruna said...

@Zep
:-).. see.. I dont think there are any rules per se.. but still nothing works out ..

@Ara
:-)) .. yes, absolutely....

Prabhu said...

And they fill the cup with so much of ice that the soda is actually 20ml (after the aerated ones fizz out)

reminds me of ranganathan street, where if u ask karumbu juice w/o ice, they charge u 1Rs extra :)

Anonymous said...

the blog captured most of the factors - but missed out the *cute* guy/ gal :p

my desi mind wants to do a DOE on this ;) but guess I slept during that class :)

~ir

Taruna said...

@Prabhu
Oh, yeah... true... the ice-factor..

@Anon
What about the cute gal/guy factor?