Friday, July 28, 2006

After a royal roast...

After getting royally roasted in Texas, slightly warmed up in Atlanta, drenched in North-East, all for a few days I am back - cribbing and whining. Nothing better than to come home...well, not 'home' home, but.... Anyhow, coming back home, the fridge empty, dusty furniture, month end and so bills to be paid, what not?

It is during these times that I wonder if I should get a roommate. But with the wrong roommate, all these troubles will still exist. So, I pat myselves on the back and go on to do the things that need to be done!

After restless sleep, came to work today and got dismayed seeing my colleague (who was also getting roasted) all cherub and fresh for the day's work. Even with two young kids and a family to take care of, seemed to me that his life was going better than mine at that wee hour of the morning. I pride myself of being a strong, level-headed person. But at times like this I wonder if I should weaken a little and let go of some of my responsibilities and just take up things in a stride.

2 comments:

Zeppelin said...

trust me..you are definitely better off without roomies.:)

the dusty furniture and empty fridge seem more dusty and empty with roomies...when you are trying to keep things clean and tidy and the others dont care.. :)

Taruna said...

@Zep

Looks like you are talking about your own state of affairs...??