Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Karma....

Other than the general Hindu beliefs on religion and spirituality, I don't have a lot to say about karma and associated fundas.

My office is located as a suite in 6th floor in a 12-storeyed building. So, we share the elevators and corridors with several other businesses. There is this snotty, 50ish, well-dressed lady who is kind of haughty and never does the usual courtesy things - smile when passing in the corridor, hold the door when someone follows you thro the door, thank you's and please's - you know - just the usual. I tried to show this lady's haughtiness to my colleague one day, and my colleague happened to agree with me. Like this one time, I had come straight to work from the airport and so was pulling my luggage with one hand and had my laptop in a case on the other - and just assumed she would hold the door for me.... its not something out of ordinary..anyone will do it.. but to my dismay, she didn't. The door just was about to go bang on my face...when someone else ran and held the door. She started to bug me from then. A few weeks back, almost a similar incident happened.. except.. this lady was on the wrong side of the door and the door went banging on her face, probably breaking her nose and causing bleeding, etc!

My colleague and I were just stepping off the elevator when this happened. So, we immediately called for emergency security and all that! But after that, I started thinking and wondering if it was her Karma that led to all this!!

5 comments:

dinesh said...

Ha, how often do you see that happen...a door slamming on somebody's face and causing bleeding. I have never seen that happen here. But yeah, seems like there's some karma involved here. I've seen a few of those irritating people as well..they show no concern for other people and let the door slam ! Bugs me too..

Sriram said...

" I started thinking and wondering if it was her Karma that led to all this!!"

No, that was just me slamming the door on her face. :P

Pavs said...

True... i have seen a lot of people like her at my work place!! Well... Hope she learnt a lesson after this incident!

Anonymous said...

* Attitude
* Prejudice

Am not one of the firmest believers in Karma - may be she should have been more careful.

I actually tend to do the opposite to people who do not treat me well - like leaving a heavy tip to a waiter who was not at all courteous and infact racist :D

Anbae Sivam :)
~ir

Taruna said...

@Dinesh
For lack of better terminology, I used Karma.. dont know how appropriate it was.... but bugs me a lot!!

@Mukund
This isnt about the society or system.. I was just talking about an individual!!

@Sriram
:-)

@Pavs
Yeah!! She probably did learn a lesson....

@Anonymous
Anbae Sivam.... seeing as a realist, dont know how practically successful it would be!!