Friday, March 31, 2006

'Mademoiselle' in Montreal

'Mademoiselle'....That's what they called me when I went to Montreal a couple of weeks back. It was an amazing week. Time just flew past. No, it was not a vacation. Yes, it was for work(No kidding, I really did complete a lot of assigned tasks).

Everything about the place was so French and impeccable. People dressed up in suits and blazers....High-heeled shoes...Gucci...Versace...The city, atleast part of the city that I visited was beautiful...I stayed right in downtown.....Exclusive list of ethnic restaurants around. I managed to visit just five of them, but the food was delicious and the service was excellent....

Oh!! The way the people spoke 'Salut', 'Merci'...I don't know..I just felt it was more than just words..Probably not to them..But to me!!

I took a LIMO from the airport to the hotel and back!! Yeah, yeah..my company paid for it...but still I went in a limo. Nothing equals the feeling you get when people try to stare at a limo window wondering who is inside it!! I have been there and done that!! But this time, I was inside it and it made a lot of difference!! No, I am not shallow..but just indulging in next-to-nothing pleasure once in a while!

The first time the limo driver addressed me as 'Mademoiselle' in the airport...you really should have seen my face. I wondered and pondered and then decided to act my role!!

Shopping would have been great, except I did not have any time to do it. Maybe next time..

Hah...next time...Don't know when yet... but cant stop thinking about it!!

Alright...I am back to Earth....just landed on my feet!!

2 comments:

Sriram said...

What's dis with Montreal? A lotta people head that way for something or the other! Anyways, french is supposedly sweeter on the ears than english. so there you go :)

Taruna said...

@Sriram

Guess so!! Especially last week, since the weather was co-operative, Montreal stay was very pleasant!!